I’ve made small progress so far this month, being distracted with birthdays and such. However, over the weekend, I sat down and finished Part One! It’s extremely sloppy and I need to completely re-write almost everything but I at least can say that the first draft of Part One is completed.
Which leads to what I’m most excited about; while writing Part One, I had a major breakthrough with my antagonist. She’s been giving me trouble left and right; the problem was that I didn’t know who she was, what her motives were, what her voice was like, or anything. Well, she’s no longer a problem! Simply taking a leap of faith and completely changing her personality did the trick; I was thinking of her all wrong! I now feel like I’ve met her and I know exactly what I need do with her.
So, it’s a big enough breakthrough that’s worth documenting here; it’s quite a relief to not be so clueless with my own character anymore. Lol. 🙂